Your supervisor has been asked to give a presentation on the effects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) on employer discrimination at an upcoming conference. She has asked your team to research recent court decisions and analyze the impact the ADA is having in the workplace. She will create her presentation based on your findings.
Individual deliverable: 1-2 pages (45 points possible):
Use the Library or other web resources to locate a recent court decision involving the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Summarize the relevant facts of the case
- Discuss how the ADA applies to this case
Please add your file.
Group deliverable: 1-2 pages (55 points possible):
The Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) was designed to protect workers with disabilities against employer discrimination. As a group discuss the following:
- In actual practice, how well does the Act achieve this goal?
Post your individual ideas on the training needs of the sales team from the Unit 2 individual projects to the Small Group Discussion Board.
Please add your file.
For this assignment, your group will prepare a presentation for the sales manager explaining your training plan to assist the sales team in generating revenue.
From the indivdual plans posted to the Discussion Board, your group should select one of the identified needs on which to focus your training plan.
Once you have selected the need you will address in your training, collaborate as a group to develop a training plan. Use the Small Group Discussion Board to discuss and plan your approach.
Group Deliverable: 10â€“12 (you just need to do 3-4 not 10-12)slide PowerPoint with presenter notes
You will present the elements of this training plan as a PowerPoint file. The plan should be consolidated into 10â€“12 PowerPoint slides (with presenter notes) for the purpose of presenting the details of your training plan to the sales manager.
Your presentation should address each of the following components of the training plan, although you may change the order:
- scope (topics to be covered)
- delivery method
- Address whether or not you will use technology as part of your delivery method. If you will use technology, explain what type and why this is appropriate. If you will not use technology, explain why you have chosen other methods.
- delivery timing
- means of evaluation
Include speaker notes in the notes section of your slides to expand and fully explain the ideas presented on each slide.
Individual Deliverable: 1 page
Like other areas of human resources, training programs must comply with employment laws and guidelines. Evaluate your group’s training program and address the following:
- How have you (or how should you) addressed the issue of equity in your training plan?
- How would you adjust your plan if one of the trainees had a disability that prevents him or her from from sitting for more than 30 minutes at a time?
- What are the possible issues with a training group that contains only employees in their 20s and 30s? How would you ensure that you are complying with relevant employment regulations in this case?