Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400â€“600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions with your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Consider your own demographic and psychographic profile. Everyone has goals, objectives, and motivations that persuade them to buy certain products and services. Examine the effects of social class, family structure, cultural background, group identification, and other social factors on your own consumer behaviors.
Use the Zip Code Finder to explore how your profile matches up with your social class. Click on the Zip Code Finder, and enter your zip code. Examine the population segments, and analyze your fit. Find the segment that fits your profile and social class.
Focus your discussion on the following:
- Although one’s tastes, wants, and needs can change over time, what social factors do you believe most influence those changes over time?
- How does your demographic and psychographic profile differ from that of your parents or your siblings?
- Does your profile match up with a friend or colleague?
- Do you ever try to â€œkeep up with the Jonesesâ€ (meaning that you try to buy things that make you fit in with your colleagues, friends and family)?
- Examine the effects of social class, family structure, cultural background, group identification, and other social factors on consumer behaviors.
- Analyze the technological, economic, and political factors that influence consumer behaviors.
Make sure you have two scholarly references